Airstream Travel Trailer Limited Warranty
Airstream Inc. (“Airstream”) warrants that it will repair or replace defects in material or workmanship in any components of a new Airstream trailer purchased from an authorized Airstream dealer in the United States or Canada for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date the trailer is first delivered to the original retail purchaser. In order to obtain coverage under this Limited Warranty, you must notify an authorized Airstream dealership or Airstream of the warrantable defect no later than ten (10) days following expiration of this Limited Warranty. Airstream’s obligation to repair or replace defective materials or workmanship is the sole obligation of Airstream under this Limited Warranty. Airstream reserves the right to use new or remanufactured parts of similar quality to complete any warranty work.
Limitation of Implied Warranties
Implied warranties arising under applicable law, if any, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby limited in duration to the term of this limited warranty. All other warranties, express or implied, are hereby disclaimed by Airstream. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
What is Not Covered by this Limited Warranty
This Limited Warranty does not provide coverage for any of the following:
- Tires, batteries, stereo, television, range/stove, furnace, refrigerator, water heater, microwave, generator, slide-out mechanisms, and other materials, parts and components warranted by persons or entities other than Airstream. Please refer to the warranties of component manufacturers for terms and conditions of coverage;
- Any part or component of the trailer that was not manufactured or installed by Airstream;
- Normal deterioration due to wear or exposure, including but not limited to rust, corrosion, oxidation, and cosmetic blemishes;
- Normal maintenance and service items, including but not limited to light bulbs, fuses, lubricants, sealants and seals, slideout adjustments, door adjustments, and awning tension;
- After-market equipment or accessories installed on the trailer after completion of manufacture by Airstream, or any defects or damage caused by such items;
- Trailers not purchased through an authorized dealer of Airstream trailers, and trailers purchased directly or indirectly through auction, salvage, repossession, or other non-customary sale means;
- Defects or damage caused by, in whole or in part, or in any way related to:
- a. Accidents, misuse (including off-road use), or negligence.
- b. Failure to comply with the instructions set forth in any owner’s manual provided with the trailer.
- c. Alteration or modification of the trailer except such alterations or modifications approved in writing by Airstream.
- d. Acts of God or other environmental conditions, such as lightning, hail, salt, or other chemicals in the atmosphere.
- e. De-icing agents or other chemicals applied to the trailer.
- f. Failure to properly maintain or service the trailer, including but not limited to the maintenance of lubricants, sealants, and seals.
- g. Condensation and the results of condensation including water damage and the growth of mold or mildew. Mold and mildew are natural growths given certain environmental conditions and are not covered by the terms of this Limited Warranty.
- h. Use of the trailer other than for temporary recreation purposes, including but not limited to use of the trailer for residential, disaster relief, commercial, or rental purposes.
- i. The addition of weight to the trailer that causes the trailer’s total weight to exceed applicable trailer weight ratings, or addition of weight causing improper distribution of the weight of the trailer.
- j. Selection, use, and operation of any hitch assembly.
- k. Failure to seek and obtain repairs in a timely manner.
- l. Failure to use reasonable efforts to mitigate damage caused by defects.
- m. Failure to properly ventilate the trailer.
- n. Improper electric power supply or improper vehicle hookup to other facilities.
- o. Acts or omissions of any person or entity other than Airstream.
Disclaimer of Incidental and Consequential Damages
Airstream hereby disclaims any and all incidental and consequential damages arising out of or relating to the trailer, including expenses such as transportation to and from vehicle dealerships and Airstream repair facilities, loss of time, loss of pay, loss of use, inconvenience, commercial loss (including lost profits), towing charges, bus fares, vehicle rental, service call charges, gasoline expenses, incidental charges such as telephone calls and facsimile transmissions, and expenses for lodging. This disclaimer is independent of any failure of the essential purpose of any warranties provided with a trailer, and shall survive any determination that a warranty failed of its essential purpose. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Obtaining Warranty Service
In order to obtain warranty service under this Limited Warranty, the owner must do all of the following:
- Owner and dealer representative must complete and return the Customer Performance Checkout within 10 days from delivery of the trailer;
- Notify Airstream or one of its authorized, independent dealers, of any claimed defect within the warranty period or 10 days thereafter;
- Provide notification of a defect within 10 days of discovery of that defect;
- Promptly return the trailer to an authorized Airstream dealer or Airstream for repairs.
If you believe a defect covered by this Limited Warranty still exists after an attempted repair by an authorized Airstream dealer, you must contact Airstream at the following address, specifying:
- The complete serial number of the trailer;
- The date of original purchase and the date of original delivery;
- The name of the selling dealer; and The nature of the problem and the steps or service which have been performed.
AIRSTREAM, INC. • 419 West Pike Street, P.O. Box 629
Jackson Center, Ohio 45334-0629
Attention: Owner Relations Department
Airstream may direct you to an authorized Airstream dealer, or may request that you bring your trailer to the Airstream factory in Jackson Center, Ohio for repairs.
Airstream does not control the scheduling of repairs at its authorized Airstream dealers, and repairs at the Airstream factory may not be immediately available. Therefore, you may encounter delays in scheduling repairs and/or completion of repairs. All costs associated with transporting the trailer for any warranty service shall be the sole responsibility of the owner.
Dealer Representations Excluded
The entire Limited Warranty provided by Airstream is set forth herein. Airstream will not be responsible for any additional representations or warranties made by any person or entity other than Airstream, and Airstream’s obligations are solely as set forth in the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty
This Limited Warranty is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining duration of the warranty period, upon approval from Airstream. Transfer of this Limited Warranty will only be approved by Airstream upon all of the following:
- Airstream’s receipt of a completed transfer application form;
- The payment of a $250.00 processing fee to Airstream; and
- The completion of an inspection of the condition of the trailer, at the owner’s expense, by an authorized Airstream dealer in accordance with Airstream’s required procedure and Airstream’s receipt of a written report as to the results of such inspection. Transfer application forms are available from your dealer or Airstream’s Service Administration Department.
Changes in Design
Airstream reserves the right to make changes in design and improvements upon its products from time-to-time, without imposing upon itself any obligation to install additional features in your trailer
Statute of Limitation
No action may be brought against Airstream for breach of this Limited Warranty, any applicable implied warranty, or for any other claim arising out of or relating to an Airstream trailer, more than thirty (30) days after: (1) expiration of the twenty-four (24) month Limited Warranty period; or (2) expiration of the ten (10) day notice period that follows expiration of the Limited Warranty period, if such notice is given.
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.